Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Spicy Almond Butter Sauce and Rice Wraps




I do not use rice papers very often. Typically if I am going to make a veggie wrap I will either use lettuce wraps or a tortilla. (One day I will share the makings of raw tortilla wraps!) But on this day, I DID use the rice papers. I have a nephew who lives across the street from me, he comes from a very not raw house, he ate 3 of these wraps…

Rice papers are cheap! I started by washing and cutting all my veggies, you really can use what veggies that you like. I used spinach, carrots, zucchini, tomato and cucumber. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I didn’t. I also wish I would have had some mushrooms.. I lined the veggies up an assembly line. Then, took a bowl of warm water to soak each rice paper in.


 Soak, put veggies inside, roll, repeat. When I first rolled these up, they were REALLY sticky. Perfect if you wanted to add something to the outside of these (chopped nuts, rice or a rice substitute, etc.), but I didn’t . So I just let them sit for a while. And after the rice paper dried, they were not sticky anymore. Next comes the almond butter sauce. This is something that the whole family loves. And I do not measure. I add, blend and taste. I will give you very rough estimates of what I *think* I use, mix it and taste it.



½ C Raw Almond butter
3T  water*
1 Fresh garlic clove
1/2T Onion powder
3T vegan chili sauce
sweetener (I use raw honey) to taste
juice of a lemon
1tsp ACV



Blend. You can put the sauce in a bowl to dip the rice wraps. This is also the sauce that I use for raw pad thai (with zucchini and carrot noodles).



*You  may need to add more water to make the sauce a sauce, not so pasty, it will thicken a bit after it sits. Make a thick sauce and use it to dip veggies in. Make it thinner for a sauce.
ENJOY! 




2 comments:

  1. oh no- more food!! they look so yumi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sauce is THE BEST! The wraps were just a bonus! I can use that sauce on just about everything!

    ReplyDelete